Arizona is well known for its high temperatures and if you don’t have A/C out here, you could literally die. For all homeowners and tenants who live in the Phoenix area, you know just how crucial it is to have air conditioning during the long summer months. This is why it’s important to properly maintain your A/C system by regularly changing the air filters and hiring a professional HVAC contractor for yearly maintenance. However, even with proper maintenance, our systems are still susceptible to failure. After all, they aren’t built to last forever.
Top 5 Causes for A/C Failure
- Dirty or clogged filters- The filters need to be changed every 30 days or sooner, depending on your environment. Clogged filters restrict airflow and cause the unit to work harder.
- Refrigerant leaks- When there is a leak in the system, an experienced technician will need to repair the leak and add refrigerant.
- Dirty or clogged evaporator coils- When the coils are clogged, it causes the unit to not be able to properly remove the heat and humidity from the air.
- Broken wire- If the wiring is damaged by rodents or worn out over time, it can cause a shortage or stop the unit from operating completely.
- Component failure- It’s normal for components like capacitors to eventually fail. Part of maintenance is replacing those small parts when needed before they cause bigger issues.
Call Pro Solutions Air for A/C Maintenance, Repair, or Installation
For residents in Surprise, Arizona, and surrounding cities, Pro Solutions Air is your one-stop shop for all air conditioning maintenance, repair, and installation needs. Whether you’re looking to keep up on proper maintenance or replace your old worn-out system, we are your HVAC experts! Don’t wait to call your trusted air conditioning company, Pro Solutions Air @ 623-229-4389.