The scorching temperatures are right around the corner! That’s right Arizona, prepare yourself for the heat to slap you in the face, your hands to melt to the steering wheel, and get a sunburn from standing in the sun for 5 minutes. It sounds bad but I’d take all of that over a broken air conditioner on a 115-degree day!
Unfortunately, things happen at the conveniently worst time. This being your air conditioner failing in the middle of July. We run our A/C units to the ground and expect them to be operational 100% of the time. Well, when the system doesn’t get properly maintained and you are trying to cool the house down to 66 degrees during a heat wave, you’re asking for equipment failure. I assume you’re here because you might be one of those people. If not, things do still happen as they are a piece of machinery not built to last forever.
- Thermostat either has a dead battery, is faulty, or there is a broken wire somewhere.
- Check the circuit breaker and fuses. Try resetting the power and waiting 10 minutes.
- The evaporator coil is frozen. This could mean there is a leak or the filters need to be changed.
- Parts need to be replaced such as the compressor, fan blade, motor, or other components.
- System is low on refrigerant. This is most likely due to a leak.
Now that you know the various reasons your system might be failing, check what you can off the list. If you changed the filters, reset the breaker, replaced the batteries in the thermostat, or replaced the thermostat and nothing worked, then get a service technician to diagnose the problem. They have the tools, knowledge, and experience to diagnose all types of air conditioning systems.
For a licensed and trained technician in the Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Goodyear, and Phoenix area, Pro Solutions Air is available to help! We enjoy servicing our customers because that smile after they feel cold air coming out of the vents again, is the reason why we love what we do. 💙
Call the HVAC experts at 623-229-4389