Being a homeowner is great until things start breaking and you must repair or replace them.
For a homeowner who lives in Arizona, it is extremely frustrating when the thermostat isn’t working. During the summer on a hot 115+ degree day, you absolutely do not want to be stuck with a failed thermostat. Fortunately, there are different methods of troubleshooting your thermostat to return it to its proper operation.
What to do if your thermostat isn’t reaching the desired temperature:
Just like with any other appliance in the home, a thermostat seems to fail at the worst time. Understandably, you’re probably going to do what you can to fix the issue yourself.
If after trying to solve the problem yourself and the issue persists, call Pro Solutions Air to schedule a service call with one of our certified HVAC technicians before messing with any wires. Doing so without proper training and experience can cause further damage leading to costly repairs.
Reasons why your thermostat isn’t reaching the desired temperature:
- Dirty thermostat- When there is a buildup of dust and dirt on the thermostat, it can hinder how well it reads the settings. Be sure to keep your thermostat dusted off with a duster or soft cloth.
- Blocked vents- While there are objects blocking the vents, the thermostat will not reach the desired temperature. Inspect all the vents to ensure they’re not closed or blocked by furniture and décor.
- Loose wiring- For any loose or broken wiring you notice on the back of your thermostat, call Pro Solutions Air to repair the wiring and get the thermostat back to being operational.
- Broken thermostat- If the thermostat has completely failed, replace it. A technician from Pro Solutions Air would be happy to properly install a new thermostat for you!
- Clogged air filters- A dirty and clogged air filter can cause numerous issues. It is recommended to change them every 30 days or sooner, depending on your environment.
- The thermostat is in a bad spot- The thermostat should be in a general area where it doesn’t get hotter or colder than the rest of the house. Keep the thermostat away from the sun, windows, fireplaces, and kitchens.
- The thermostat isn’t level- Your thermostat needs to be flush and straight on the wall. If it’s crooked and dangling, the temperature readings will be off because the pin connection between the thermostat and the backplate needs to be level for proper readings.
- Dead batteries- Sometimes, it’s as simple as replacing batteries. Most thermostats have AA or AAA batteries that you can get at any store. Replacing them is fairly simple.
Call Pro Solutions Air to Solve Your Thermostat Issue
The thermostat can fail at any moment. While there are ways you can diagnose and solve the issue yourself, you can get quick and expert results when calling Pro Solutions Air. We have trained and experienced technicians who can give you answers and repair the issue properly. Call the HVAC experts at 623-229-4389 for prompt and thorough service!