Living in the Phoenix, Arizona area is great. We don’t have intense tornados, scary hurricanes, erupting volcanoes, or earthquakes. Our monsoons can be fun and exciting but that’s about the extent of what mother nature gives us here. However, during the summertime, the heat gets so bad that it has literally killed people. Staying hydrated during our Arizona summers is imperative and isn’t something to be taken lightly.
Follow these tips to stay cool and share with your friends & family:
- Wear lightweight and breathable clothing with cotton or linen material.
- Stay hydrated by drinking enough water throughout the day.
- Plan outdoor activities or exercises during the cooler times of the day (early morning or late evening).
- Choose cooling foods like cucumbers, salads, veggies, and fruit.
- Stay in the shade when you can. Umbrellas are perfect!
- Plan activities or exercises that involve water.
- Avoid drinks with high sugar and caffeine.
- Plan activities or exercises that are indoors.
By following these simple tips, you, your family, and friends can avoid a heatstroke or worse… DEATH! Have fun this summer but remember to take care of yourself and hydrate. We wish you good summer vibes!